Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June Mini Album Challenge

Hey, Pajama Girls, here's my June Challenge album:
Can you guess what it's made of?  Toilet paper rolls...!
I know the photos are really dark, but actually the photos really are dark.  I found a roll of film in my drawer that was the 110 size, do you remember those days?  Anyhow, I took a chance and developed it and they had the greatest photos of my boys on there.  There were these great pictures of Derek and Kevin where Derek is just totally crackin' up.  There were photos of Derek's first steps and some of all my nephews when they were little.  Seeing the kids just smiling and laughing will always make me smile so I thought I'd add them to this little album.

First I smashed the toilet paper rolls flat and then painted them using some Making Memories scrapbooking paints.  Now I know why I never used them.  This paint was like mud.  But the colors matched the paper perfectly.  After letting them dry, I punch two eyelets in each left end.  Then I inked and glued paper to each "page".  The paper is from Prima Marketing, Inc. Nursery Tales.  I didn't do much else except stamp some random words and images and added strips of paper and ribbon.  Binded it by used two binder rings and added tons of ribbon.  There are pull out tabs for each roll but right now they are blank.  I'll add some quotes to them.

This was a great June challenge posted by Nancy in the Paper Pajama Girls group.  Woo Hoo!

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Who knew tp rolls had so many uses! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is just fabulous! I can't believe you used tp rolls to make this. And I can't believe you never had developed that roll of film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OM Gosh! This is so stinkin' cute. I LOVE IT! You did a great job on the challenge. How creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Dorlene, your book is awesome!!!. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific book Dorlene!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!