Saturday, September 8, 2012

Chalkboard Paint

We did it!  Carly and I stepped out of Procrastination Zone and finally painted our own chalkboard.  I found the recipe on the Martha Stewart blog to make your own chalkboard paint.  Basically, you mix one cup of any type and color of paint (I used black acrylic) and 2 TBS of powder non-sanded grout together and that's it!

This is what we did:
We finally removed the old Zac Efron poster from the closet door and created a chalkboard.

I had to test it this morning and yes, Carly, it works!

Oh, the possibilities...!



7 comments:

  1. So cool! I like that you made the paint your self, and it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you MADE the paint! Very clever and I love the look on the closet door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is this?!!! This is such a fun idea...TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOHHHH!!! I have plans to do a closet door with chalkboard paint, but now instead of buying it, I think I will have to make my own!!! Super cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool!!! I've seen chalkboard paint, but I didn't know you could make your own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mahalo plenty for not only posting this, but for sharing your finished product! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!