Thursday, July 11, 2013

Just Be

When all else fails, Just Be You!

Scrappin' in Patterson group had a color challenge (teal, lime green, brown and coral) and this is the layout I came up with.  This paper was bought when Carly and I went to the It's Scrapbook Time crop two weekends ago and I knew it'd be perfect for this color challenge.  The photos are Jori's first day of kindergarten, which I thought the words on the paper were perfect for that too.

Sorry the photo is so dark...
Is this any better?





There wasn't much to this layout.  I got the idea of the cluster from an ad for a scrapbooking kit club.  The spiro-graph looking circles are a stamp set from Stampin' Up.  I cut the pennants from scrap papers, glued down some buttons in the middle of some flowers and viola!  Easy peasy layout!

The "Just Be" stamp is from an old, old set of Stampin' Up.  I was going to do some journaling in the white space and I just happened to look up at my "word" stamps and I saw that and knew it'd be perfect.  I'll leave the journaling to Marlene.

So...be happy, be funny, be original, be true, be simple, be different, be strong, be honest, be joyful...but more importantly, just be.



4 comments:

  1. The pictures are so sweet and the paper is perfect for a 'first day of school' layout! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout!! I love the spiro-graph looking stamps!! They look fabulous!! Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout. I wish I could see it in real life. Really cool the way your laid out the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! She looks so excited!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!