Saturday, November 22, 2014

Cute as a Cupcake

So it seems that everything is cute and easy in Pinterest land.  I saw these cute baby item "cupcakes" and checked out the instructions and it seemed sooooo easy.  Just layer the items and roll.  NOT.  I brought the items to work to finish them.  Yeah, no...they basically looked like baby items rolled up.  Not a cupcake like the Pinterest photo showed.  So, I tugged and re-rolled and messed around a little more and finally came up with something that me and my co-workers thought looked like cupcakes.  So add some ribbon around each one, cute handmade tag and put it all together in a cellophane gift bag.
viola...




The cupcakes are a receiving blanket, onesie and cap rolled up.  The key is to gradually lower the roll instead of straight across.  I don't know if that makes sense, but if you try it, you'll get it.

Another key...cute packaging and of course expecting parents.  Congratulations Becky and Jeff!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, some of this stuff on Pinterest isn't so great. I had to unpin a recipe that sucked! Your package looks adorable though. I am sure the parents to be loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!