Saturday, March 7, 2015

His Wisdom & Understanding

This week we found out one of my cousins is in the hospital and things don't look good.  He's been struggling with illness for many, many years but he's still very young.  I can't remember the last time I saw my cousin, Joey, but it still weighs heavy on my heart.  I do remember all our visits at my aunt and uncle's home and also when all the cousins got together at my grandparents for the holidays.  He has an amazing artistic talent and would draw all the time.  Maybe he was a little on the rough side of things, but always fun to be around!  Many, many prayers to my aunt and my cousins.

When I called my cousin, his sister, she mentioned that not more than a month ago, Joey met with her pastor and he had positive things to say about him.  Talk about God's perfect timing.  Joey is now in ICU with machines hooked up to him and sleeping but I bet God's talking to him now giving him the peace he needs to let go.

The bible study at Triple the Scraps is about WISDOM.  I thought this is so perfect for the situation.  Proverbs 3:13 spoke to me so I created a piece in my art journal with this verse.


This page started completely different as I added book page, ink, paint, etc, but after speaking to my cousin, I decided to paint over everything with black acrylic paint.  As you can see lots of the ink came up from the paint after I added white texture paste on it.  It's messy and I love it!  After splatering some yellow paint, I used a white marker to draw some circles.  The only other thing I did was add the verse.  This page is dedicated to him.

You can click on the badge on the right of Glory Art or click HERE to get to the website.
Thanks for looking.



5 comments:

  1. We just heard that he passed away this a.m. RIP Joey McClenahan. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this Dorlene. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my sympathy. I have prayed that Joey found the wisdom of God. I think your card is perfect .

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your cousin Dorlene. I will keep him and the family in my prayers. Your page is just gorgeous and such a beautiful tribute to Joey. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, Dorlene. My prayers are with the whole family.
    I'm happy to "meet" you and see that you've joined Patter's challenge. Your creative page is really fantastic. I'm joining your blog so I can see more! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!