Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Week Three; ICAD #15, 16, and 17

So far I'm loving the prompts this week!

Prompt #15
Bouquet
Ok, I'll admit it, I really don't know how to draw.  I love hand drawn flowers but just can't do it.  After applying gesso to the index card, I added random watercolored circles of yellow, orange, red and purple.  Then I drew in green stems and leaves at the bottom and around the "flowers".  Once all those dried, I added blue in the open areas.  Then I used various pens to outline the different flowers.  I spritzed the card with a little bit of water to help the colors/paint blend into each other.  (If you like this piece, check out this LINK to purchase a blouse with this design.  My designs are for sale at VIDA.)
Close up:

Prompt #16
Wallpaper
I've wanted to draw these type of flowers for awhile and I thought they would make a great wallpaper so I did it.  I love how it turned out!  I used watercolor pens to color in the  flowers and once the flowers were done, I drew the blue pen on my craft mat and added water.


Prompt #17
Landscape
This one started as a little hilltop, blue sky & green grass.  Then I added the stamped trees...ok...it's a little boring, but it's a landscape.  Then I got this great idea to draw and attach toes as if someone is sitting back, legs stretched and gazing at the beautiful landscape.  I thought it was hilarious!!

It's not too late to join in the Index Card A Day challenge.  It goes on for 61 days originally to start on June 1st and go through July, but technically you can start anytime (which is what I did).
Click HERE to get more details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!