Thursday, January 12, 2017

Butterflies & Wings Art Journal Pages

I feel like I haven't done much in my Art Journal except mop up paints, inks, etc from other projects.  Well, I finally got a change to mess around in there.  On Wednesday, I posted this photo:


I knew I wanted to add some sort of quote on the right side and just wasn't sure on the left.  Well here's a closeup of the right side:


This page started with some stenciled stars, some hand drawn flowers and random marks.  I didn't like it.  So out comes the gesso!  Then I used an old credit card to scrape some bright acrylic paint here and there to cover most of the page.  I love how the stenciled stars still SHONE through and other marks.  Added random washi tapes, rub ons, stamps and randomness and it all came together.  I used Tim Holtz idea-ology words and my own to complete the quote "Life Changes so Make Every Day Count".

And for the left side:
A Julie Nutting paper doll some more random marks and a stamped quote.

I was going to do some sort of She Art, but decided to stamp this quote instead.

I'm entering the right side journal page on the STAMPlorations challenge site.  Check out the challenge, entries and maybe even join yourself!

STAMPlorations

4 comments:

  1. Your layered pages look super and really invite me in.
    What would we do without gesso!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages. I love the way you added the quote. Thanks for sharing with the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super journalling, thanks for joining our Mixed Media challenge at STAMPlorations this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work station looks interesting and busy to produce this awesome art work Dorlene! That is a gorgeous and bright journal page with great sentiment. Nice stenciling and love all other techniques used.Thank you for joining us at STAMPlorations January Mixed Media Challenge ...See you again real soon in this month's challenge Dorlene.
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah
    STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team
    Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!