Sunday, May 21, 2017

New Bloom Art Stamps

These two new sets are part of the new Art Journal Collection stamps at Bloom Art Stamps.  They are Doodle I and Doodle II.
There are so many "doodles" that it was a little overwhelming at first and I didn't know where to start. But then I remembered that I took two different Layering Backgrounds classes at the Expo and told myself, "You Got This!"


First Card:

Close Up
I sprayed four colors of distress ink sprays onto a piece of transparency.  Then sprayed water to blend the colors together.  Carefully lift the plastic and smoosh onto the blank white cardstock.  Move it around until you get full coverage.  Let it dry.  Since I used regular cardstock, I took the dried piece to my iron & flattened it.  I usually place these pieces under a thick book, but I didn't have time for that! 
Next I placed the various medallion stamps on an acrylic block and stamped them all over the base.  Then I took the circle/dash border stamp and stamped diagonally in white all over the background.  It is so light and barely noticeable but I LOVE it! 


Once the white ink dried (it takes a little longer), I stamped the two other borders in black for a lacey look.  Spritzed gold Heidi shine - stamped sentiment - added gold "love" washi tape, gold thread, white sheer ribbon, white lace and gold ribbon to create a "lacey" border.  Added gold sequins before matting with plain white cardstock and then adhering to the Kraft card base.


Second card:

This time I spritzed the ink directly on the white cardstock.  Spritzed water drops before it dried.  Once dried, I stamped the round border stamp across the bottom in lt. gray ink.  Stamped the daisy in white ink all over the background and then three of the vine/blossom on the right side.  I dropped some white homemade paint spray to create some white splats and interest.


Splats is the current challenge on Happy Little Stampers so I'm entering this card for their May Mixed Media challenge.


I used the MISTI to stamp the sentiment.  I love using the MISTI for these "uneven" backgrounds.  Even though I ironed the piece, it is still not completely flat.  I had to stamp the sentiment three times in black archival ink.  Added some bling, adhered directly to the kraft card base and done!


Bloom Art Stamps
Happy Little Stampers

2 comments:

  1. They're both so gorgeous!! The backgrounds look amazing!! I love the colors!! Beautiful cards!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super backgrounds!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!