Wednesday, May 31, 2017

WOYWW #417 (Journaling By 5's)

Happy Wednesday! My desk is super busy & messy this week! I played a lot in the Command Center and am putting the finishing touches on my project. Click on over to the Stamping Ground to read more about WOYWW and take a tour around the world!

Over the weekend, I decided to do the "Journaling By 5s" challenge. The challenge was started by Shannon Green and her YouTube channel. I found out about it from Let's Get Inkie who I following on YouTube and thought it was a good way to get some pages done.

Basically, you allow yourself only 15 minutes per step to work on 20 pages at one time and when you're all done, you'll have a complete Art Journal. The five steps are:
  1. Color
  2. Texture (paper, fabric, texture paste)
  3. Stamps/Stencils
  4. Focal Images/Words
  5. Pen/Pencil  (doodles & highlights)
Years ago I purchased five small journals/scrapbook albums from a yard sale that "one day I'll use". I have used two of them as guest books for different events (one being my parents' 50th wedding anniversary in 2012). The other four, yeah, just sitting there for going on six years now.  I decided to use these albums for this project. Although, Shannon suggests 20 pages to work on, I only had 12 plus four covers. It was still a challenge to get them completed within the 15 minutes (I had to give myself more time during the stenciling).
Some of the pages in progress
I pulled out supplies prior to starting the timer so I wouldn't waste valuable time. The idea is to not think too much about what you're doing - just get it done.
Love the messy fingers!
One of my family's mottos is:  "We do what we want...No one tells us what to do." It's kind of a joke, we're not really rebels, but we always say it. So...knowing that about me, I sort of skipped step #4 since I am planning on using these pages as a scrapbook album. The photos will be the focal image. I'll post photos of the completed project soon.

I plan to give one to my cousin's daughter for her high school graduation this weekend. Congratulations Ashley - Fowler Redcats Class of 2017!!

Don't forget to hop on over to Stamping Ground and visit the other deskers!

10 comments:

  1. that sounds a huge challenge to get all that done in such a short time! A fun challenge, though! Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's ok - I understand skipping *4! I never follow a pattern or recipe completely either :-D. The timer challenge must have me you really get on with creating those backgrounds, I suppose it doesn't give you much time to over-think things!
    Hugs, LLJ 18 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that sounds like an incredible task! I really enjoy doing one page at a time, so I probably would not even try this! I look forward to seeing the complete project. Thanks for sharing, Lindart #41

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant table of creativity.
    Messy hands = Creativity ;)
    Have a super week.
    Katie #44 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dorlene.. I love your attitude. I started the Journaling By 5s last year and had to set it aside. Hopefully, I can revisit it this summer. My 9 yr old granddaughter might get a kick out of it. Creative Blessings! Kelly #36

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had a go at that challenge, but only one page and certainly not with a time limit. You have some fabulous pages there, I would never have guessed they took such little time to create altogether. Happy WOYWW Sarah #22

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous inky desk love your creations... Have a fun filled week ahead...May #19

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dorlene. Goodness - what a challenge - don't think I'd be up for that at all - but good for you. Well done.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #9

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dorlene, sorry I'm late. I seem to be apologising for this on a regular basis at the moment. The work on your desk is gorgeous. Happy crafty belated woyww, Angela x21x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated WOYWW!Wow..that is a challenge! Good for you! That would have me whimpering in a corner! LOL~
    Have a great weekend.
    -K #32

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!