Friday, December 8, 2017

Stick It Down Guest Designer

I'm so excited to be the Guest Designer on the Stick It Down (SID) sketch site. Click on over to see the current sketches and join the fun.
Here is the 2-page sketch for December:
Gosh, isn't it just beautiful? I love those flowers under & around the photos. I knew I wasn't going to be able to match that with paper. I just happened to watch a YouTube video on watercolor roses (great timing) and I thought I'm going to give it a try.

Here's my layout:

After selecting & trimming the photos, I placed pencil marks on the white cardstock so I would know where to concentrate on embellishing. Then I went to town on creating a background. I love mixed media but never tried it on a scrapbooking layout. I love the way it turned out! That's why I love sketches & challenges. It sure is a way to work outside your comfort zone and push you to do things you wouldn't normally do.

I started with the water colored roses - hated it - so I added more water to my brush and & tried to blend them more. Yup...love! I pulled out my mixed media supplies and added marks all over the pages. Items used: stamps, ink pads (red, gold, black & white), black glimmer mist, gold color silk, pencil, ink pen and water color paint. I wrote the title (eh, don't love or hate) with a Crayola paint brush.


Click on over to the SID site to see the write up, sketches and DT inspiration. I hope you join in too. An earlier post on their site indicated that they don't get many 2-page layout entries...won't you join me this month?

Stamps:
Grunge Set by Stampin' Up
Elements 3 by Bloom Art Stamps (these are designed by me!)
Color Silk by Fun Stampers Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!